Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Snake bite


Samuel had his first, I would say and last but I am also realistic, ER visit. On Monday July 19th mid morning he came running to the house screaming. I ran out to him and immediately saw the marks on his arm. I was not sure but did think...SNAKE! So, I called Trey at the office and thankfully he, well he and a man we will affectionately call "Nice Olde Timmer" was able to come straight over. Samuel doesn't always verbalize very clearly but Both Trey and Nice old Timmer identified it as a bite. Trey rushed him off to the ER. Have I mentioned that I was terrified but trying to stay calm so the girls did not freak out. I quickly became very aware of my words as I saw panic in their little eyes when hospital was mentioned. I guess, understandably, after all that went on with Rebekah, they are not very fond of people they know and love going to the hospital. The 3 of us prayed for brother and I used the word "doctor" for the rest of the day.

Trey and Samuel spent the the day in the ER waiting on test results but thankfully everything turned out fine. Appears to have been a dry bite. Praise the LORD our Big Boy is okay but not so sure this Mama is cut out for county life after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment