Sunday, August 30, 2009

Preparing the soil



Today after nap time Trey took kid duty and I headed out to the garden. Not only to get it ready for this next planting, but also for some much needed stress relief. I was excited to learn that we have two planting seasons here in East Texas, I am a newbie this is my first year gardening. I love the whole process so far, I am a country girl at heart. I love being able to feed my family yummy fresh veggies and not having to pay a fortune for organic at the grocery store. I also love the time outside and the kids being able to help and watch things grow. It is a GREAT learning experience for them and they get so excited when we have fruits and veggies to harvest.


This is what I will be calling our Fall garden, even thought it doesn't feel anything like Fall. Yes, I am running a little behind schedule, but sometimes around here you just have to roll with the punches. I added 3 bags of cow manure and 3 bags of black humus so hopefully our Fall harvest will be better than our spring/summer. So, the garden is ready for planting and hopefully I can get it done in the next couple of days, health willing.

No comments:

Post a Comment