Thursday, October 29, 2009

F week

We just finished our "F" week. We had a Fun fun with school this week! Learned capital and lower case F, read Fall book and Frog books. I thought that Fish would be our theme but I found way more Frog books on my bookcase, so Mama made some changes. Our favorite book was, A Frog in the Bog, by Karma Wilson. * you can take a peek inside at http://www.amazon.com/


Besides being a really cute story it is also a counting book. So I used it for out Math activity yesterday and today. Here are some pictures of our activity really fun and the girls loved feeding their frog today after lunch. I am sure the frogs will be hungry for days :)





First step is to create frog puppet with opening in the mouth.


Puppets complete.




Then, I went online and clip art and found pics of all the bugs that Frog eats, roughly cute them out, and glued them to index cards so they would be more sturdy. I let them dry over night and then cut them out again. The bug making step was a little time consuming but worth it for the excitement my kids had.


Abigail counting her bugs.

Abigail counting and sorting her bugs. I found it very interesting that she sorted them. She did this all on her own with no direction from me. Her little brain at work, so neat to watch! :)

Hannah counting her bugs. She wanted to keep all of them in her hand until she laid them down. She laid them all down in one straight line. Another little precious little brain at work :)

Taking a break from counting to watch Sister feed her Frog. I was glad to see that Hannah did not change her method when she saw the way that Abigail was doing hers. Yeah for independent thinkers! :)


Hannah feeding her frog.


Abigail feeding her frog one of the 5 snails.

I am so glad that I get to watch them learn!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment