Monday, October 26, 2009

Review Week

This past week we completed our first review week of school. We reviewed the letters and sounds that we have learned so far this year, A-E (short vowels to start with).


Abigail is learning so quickly!! She already know all of her letters and sounds, thanks to a Leap Frog movie she received from one of her best little friends, Mia, on her birthday. I hope some of it is my hard work but I will not take the credit, the movie is excellent! She really is enjoying our other subjects. Academically I will be focusing on math with her. She is thriving and loves to do school. I hope it stays that way.



Hannah is a little behind Abigail with her letters and sounds, which is fine she is not even 3 yet. She is learning new things and it is fun to watch our "little pumpkin" get excited when she knows the correct answer :) I think that math may be one of her strengths. She is doing very well with counting and number recognition. I taped a number line to the top of our school table when I realized we needed lots of work with numbers and Hannah seemed to catch on quickly. She, just like her Big sister, LOVES books! One of my school goals is to make it an environment that will continue to foster their love for books.



Below are some pics of the girls working on their review project. I wrote the letters across the top of the page and then below each letter they found the matching sticky letter and then also practice writing the letter on the bottom section of the page. On the back of the page they colored pictures of some of the key words we learned for each letter. ex. Apple, ball, cookie...ect.



1 comment:

  1. And that's the way its done!

    Oh I love those early years when letters became sounds and sounds became words. Then words tell stories - and all my free time became wrapped up in books.

    ReplyDelete