Friday, October 16, 2009

First fall Harvest

We had a beautiful evening here and now that everyone is starting to feel better we spent some time outside. Trey did some yard work and grilled us some fabulous backstrap for dinner, the kids played and I worked in the garden. Hannah was my Big helper.
We had out first harvest of the season. The lettuce looked absolutely beautiful so Hannah helped me pick some. Salad from our own garden, pretty exciting!


I was even able to use my garden table that Trey had built for me at work. Yeah! Thanks to Better Home and Garden for this great project idea. And Thanks Shnookums for making it happen! We had an old sink that wasn't being used. The plumbing is hooked straight up to a hose. The idea is that you use this as your wash station after you pick so that you don't have to get your kitchen all dirty.

My fabulous garden table
Here are some pictures of the growing garden

carrots and cauiflour

acorn squash that I am afraid will start taking over the garden soon

sweet little garden helpers

1 comment:

  1. Oooh, the garden table looks great Sarah! And nothing better than home grown veggies!

    ReplyDelete