Monday, May 10, 2010

Mother's Day

I had a great Mother's Day weekend. It was really fun this year because the girls are old enough now that they get very excited about celebrating holidays and have talked about Mother's day and what they "wanted" to get me for what seems like forever now.

Abigail went into the store alone with Daddy on Wednesday afternoon and picked out my present. She did such a good job, she was dieing to tell me what it was. But with only a few reminders not to tell she was able to keep it a secret until Sunday :) We knew Hannah wanted to get me roses, because she told me about 1,000 times :) So, Trey took her into the store by herself on Sunday after Church to pick them out. She was not as good at "keeping the secret". She told me, "I know these are roses Mommy but you cant open them yet, you have to be patient and just not look at them." LOL, She also told me about my cake and candies.

Saturday we went down to the Woodlands to try and new fancy HEB to do our grocery shopping. I was able to find some great organic dairy products :) Also, Trey sat in the car with the kids while they watched a movie so I could go in to a cute little shoppe and pick out my Mother's day gift from him. It was such a nice treat to get to go look around at pretty stuff all by myself! Sunday after Church we headed home for yummy sandwiches made by Daddy and then I opened my cards and the girls gave me their presents. here are some pics of my loot.

The really cute red shoes and bangles from Trey. I also got a cute summer shirt but bought it for my post pregnancy body.

The beautiful roses that my Hannah Rose picked out for me.

I am sorry that this picture is so small because these sun glasses are GREAT!! Abigail picked them out all by herself :) Trey said they were in the store and she said, " I want to get Mommy some sunglasses for Mother's day. He said, "OK." He told me that he tried to give her some choices and she said, "No Daddy these!" How adorable and I will wear them with great pride :) Not sure if you can tell but the ear piece parts are white with hot pink polka dots and the eye part is HOT pink. Definitely 90's style, I LOVE THEM! :)

Sunday after nap we relaxed and Trey grilled some delicious venison back strap with baked potatoes and green beans. Of course we topped it all off with some yummy chocolate cake for dessert. Every time Samuel sees the cake he says, " ake, yum... and then makes a slurp sound"

Happy Mother's Day 2010! I hope yours was as great as mine!

No comments:

Post a Comment