Friday, September 10, 2010

Our School room

Several of my homeschool blogging friends have given tours of their school room or area. This motivated me to finish organizing ours. It is all finished and ready for our 2010-2011 school year at the Krum Campus. So... here is a tour of our little learning space.

Our Globe. I am really excited about having a globe as we start our journey of Geography, The World that GOD made. I will share more about our lessons later. Behind "Gary the Globe"

This bookcase stores most of our school stuff.

Here is a glimpse of our great table. Trey had this beautiful solid wood table hand crafted at his work several years ago. We LOVE it and use it all the time. It is currently outfitted with a number line taped to the top for math.

Calender and clock. I also love these two items. I know they are very early childhood. But they serve us well. I have been collecting stuff for years and purchased both of these items from Lillian Vernon
Our Bookcase, which Trey also had made at work. I have an obsession with books looking straight on a bookcase. As a child I straightened my bookcase OFTEN. So, it is hard for me not to straighten it all the time, but I am trying to teach my kids to re-shelve correctly.
Now back to our main school shelves. I still have more I need to get from storage but for now I have boxes full of crayons, marker, colored pencils and regular pencils on the second shelf from the bottom. I also have our white boards and dry erase markers here. The white boards are from my 2nd grade teaching days.
Really cheap way to get a set of white boards- go to your local home improvement store. Buy a piece of shower board and cut into squares. Our Home Depot did it for me and the cutting service was free.

My reused coffee cans that hold marker my kids CAN NOT have. stickers and all our art and craft supplies.
Also on top of the bookcase are magazine files full of supplies, curriculum binders and reference books.

I am very excited about our school year! I will post updated shots of our space. I am sure it will grow and change as we learn. HAPPY HOMESCHOOLING :)

1 comment:

  1. I love seeing a peek into your room! It's great! I love the calendar/weather wall hanging. I'm working on getting something like that up soon.

    ReplyDelete