Monday, September 20, 2010

School Week 1 Sept 13-16

School week 1:

handwriting

Geography introduction


Making maps


Abigail's Map



Pictures from the "Get it Game"










We had a great first week of school. Well it is actually our second, we did a review week before last. Abigail was very excited and READY start. Getting back into a routine and having more structure has been very nice. This is how our morning goes so far.
  • breakfast
  • girls dress, make beds and have prayer time in their room while I get Samuel set up(he watches Sesame Street and eats his breakfast while we do our school)
  • School
We start with Prayer and then do our Bible lesson. Then we move to our Calender and Clock. After Calender we do our L.A. which includes our sound of the week, poetry and handwritting. Some days, depending on how writting goes, they have a small break and I get Samuel cleaned up and he joins us for the additional lesson that we will be doing for the day. Our extra lessons are as follows.

Monday-Science
Tuesday- Geography
Wednesday- Math
Thursday- Math

This week for science I introduced them to their Science journals and science terms they also drew in their journal something that they wanted to learn about. I got some very interesting requests :)

Our First Geography lesson went very well! I introduced them to the Globe and Atlas then I read them a book about maps. After the story they were supposed to draw a map from our house to the neighbors. I was very impressed with Abigail's work. I didn't really know what to expect but hers was GREAT :)

For Math the first day we did some counting with counters and then on Thursday we played a game I called the " get game" (ex. Abigail, go get 4 pillows, Hannah, go get 10 baby dolls) They had to remember the number, count out the objects and bring the correct number back to me. This seemed more of a challenge for Hannah then just counting out counters. They both thought it was really fun! I think they liked looking for and then carrying all the objects back to me, so we will def. be playing this again. Oh, and yes we have 10 baby dolls, we actually have more than that :)

We had some challenges and I have already had to readjust some things but over all we had a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment