Monday, February 14, 2011

154 Days of Valentines

Febuary 1st each year starts the "14 Days of Valentines" for my Trey and I. He was a totally unexpected recipient of " The 14 days" that first year.  I still remember knocking on the door of his apartment with the baked good in my hand and the smile on his face when I said, "Welcome to the first day of Valentines!" This year we are married for ten years and plus the year of our engagement, equals 154 days of Valentines.  WOW, that is a lot of Valentines! It is a tradition that I started the year that we got engaged and we have "vowed" to continue it as a means to show our kiddos that True Love Never Ends and that their Mommy and Daddy are still crazy in love with one another :)

Here is how it works:

We alternate years and one of us creates a Valentine for each days, which usually contains a treat that we eat. The way to a Krum's heart really is through their stomach, we like to eat!  Most of the "cards" have been homemade but have ranged from card to, homemade puzzles, riddle with clues to finally be solved on the last day, to memory books with pages distributed each day.  The person that is not making the "cards" is in charge of planning the actually Valentines Day celebration. We have had fun through the years, some years better/more creative than others, but we have not missed a year yet. 

Happy Valentines day to my First and only Love!

1 comment:

  1. This is AWESOME! I love, love the idea -- though I think Jeff may come after Trey now! HAHA!

    ReplyDelete