Saturday, February 27, 2010

New cookie recipe

Thursday night Trey and I had my Apples of Gold banquet at Church. The nursery provided pizza for all the kids and I thought it would be fun to make them a dessert. So, I found a recipe and of course I modified it to try and make it "healthier", by adding my whole wheat flour. I really liked that the recipe already included oats. LOVE all the fiber and unrefined foods :)

Abigail and I made these cookies for her "friends" .

Choc-oat-chip cookies

1 cup of whole wheat floor
3/4 cups of all purpose floor
1tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1 1/4 cups packed brown sugar
1 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs
2 Tbsp. milk
2 tsp. vanilla extract
2 1/2 cups quick or old fashioned oats
2 cups of chocolate chips of your choosing

Preheat oven to 375 degrees

Combine flour, baking soda, and salt in small bowl. Beat brown sugar, butter and granulated sugar in large mixer bowl until creamy. Beat in eggs, milk and vanilla. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in oats and chips. Mix well.
Drop rounded tablespoons of the dough onto ungreased baking sheet. ( I lined mine with foil)

Bake for 9-10 minutes for Chewy cookies or 12-13 for crispy. (We def. go for the chewy around here)

*It makes a lot of dough. It says 4 dozen cookies. I just baked what I needed for the first night and then put my mixer bowl, with snap on lid, in the fridge. So we were able to eat fresh hot cookies when we wanted. I just used the rest of the dough to make cookie bars.

Hope you enjoy! We thought they were great :)

No comments:

Post a Comment