Friday, June 18, 2010

Back in the Mizunos again


I decided to lace up my running shoes again yesterday. I have not run since my pregnancy with Rebekah began. Oh, it was not pretty people!

A few things have changed:
  1. I feel like a fat dairy cow.
  2. It is no longer just me running. I now run with what feels like 2 gallons of milk.
  3. I feel body parts that were never meant to shake, bouncing with each step I take. Don't get me wrong I was not fitness model when I stopped running, but I did work really hard and may have just been in the best shape of my life. Oh, for the love of bouncing body parts!

Fewer things remain the same:

  1. It is GREAT me time and much needed stress relief.
  2. The endorphin rush at the end of the work out still feels just as nice.

So, with all this said I do this because I refuse to diet for the rest of my life and I really like to eat, I love chocolate and wine, and go figure -I really do enjoy it. So with hope for the future and for my really sore thighs, I am pounding the pavement and path again.

2 comments:

  1. Oh man. I totally understand. I started CrossFit about 6 weeks ago, and things were shakin' to the point that I wondered if it was obscene and inappropriate. And it probably was...but what do ya do? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! I'm with you both. I'm still toting around a giant belly but in just a few weeks I'll be in the same boat...again. Yikes! It's worth it though, huh?! Plus, all that nursing sure helps burn off that baby weight!

    ReplyDelete