Friday, June 18, 2010

Catch up

We have had a busy month.
At a 8 days old, On Saturday, May 22 Rebekah started running 101.7 fever. Thankfully my mom had arrived a few hours before, Trey was out running some errands. So, long story short I packed her up turned my flashers on and drove as fast as I could to Huntsville to get her to the ER. They took her back almost immediately and then started running tests. We were admitted in the wee hours of the morning that next day. Thankfully her fever finally broke on Sunday night and she was diagnosed with a Urinary Tract infection, something that is very treatable. But bad news we had to stay for 10 days until she finished the round of IV antibiotics. Since she was considered a "dirty" baby because of the infection it is hospital policy that she not go in nursery, Huntsville doesn't have a NICU, which meant someone had to be there with her at all times. Which meant except for 2 short breaks I was in the hospital for 10 days too. Bright side Rebekah and I got to spend a lot of quality time together and I got LOTS of rest. Needless to say Life at home was a little crazy: Family separated, Mama not at home, Big sisters missing and confused about where their little sister was, and Grandma's in and out helping. Thankfully Trey was able to stay home from work so there was so stability. With much prayer and some great nurses care we made it home and Rebekah is thriving.
On May 27th, Rebekah and I were still in the hospital, our adorable boy turned 2 years old. So with much sadness we decided to wait to celebrate his birthday until we were all together again. This was really hard for me, Birthdays are a BIG deal at out house, I love making everyone feel extra special on their "special day" We finally celebrated the other day. Here are some pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment