Saturday, December 26, 2009

Merry Christmas 2009




We had a nice relaxing cold, but not white, Christmas at home. Our German neighbors, Karim and Kim, came to join us for the holiday celebrating. I LOVE to entertain and love the extra people around. Christmas Eve we had venison stew for dinner and then went to Christmas Eve service at our Church. Church was followed by a drive around to look at Christmas lights, I hope our friends were not disappointed, I know I was. People in Huntsville don't seem to get much into outdoor light :( I you knew the neighborhood that I grew up in you would understand my disappointed. We are talked wrapped tree trucks, themed streets and the works. We got the kids tucked in after a little bit of Christmas candy and us grown ups stayed up to the wee hours playing dominoes. Fun time!

After stockings on Christmas morning, in our matching PJs neighbors and all, we stuffed ourselves on my yummy Christmas breakfast. After breakfast we played and relaxed until nap time. Our Christmas viewing of "The Nativity Story", or "Baby Jesus in the Manger movie" as the kids call it was after nap and then we had a delicious Christmas dinner of ham, green bean casserole, mashed potatoes, salad and rolls. The we decorated Jesus birthday cake and sang Happy Birthday before the kids dug in, all the grown ups were too full for dessert :)

We had a nice Krum Christmas for 2009. I hope you and yours had a great time celebrating the birth of the Lord and Savior Jesus Christ!

No comments:

Post a Comment