Saturday, January 23, 2010

Kids room

I spent the morning cleaning and organizing what was the "girls" room to make room for the boy. I had already rearranged the furniture because brother moving in means that the girls beds are now head to head against one wall. We have been working on the girls new arrangement for a few weeks as I thought being that close to each other may take some adjusting to during sleeping times.

I have actually reworked our nap time routine because having them that close together at nap time DID NOT work. Hannah would stand in bed and poke at Abigail's head and play. Within minutes they would become so adrenaline charged that it would turn into a 2 ring circus and sleeping for them at this point became impossible. So, now we put Samuel down right after lunch and then I do school with the girls. This gives him a few minutes to fall asleep before Hannah makes her way to nap. After "school" Hannah goes down. This was very hard for Hannah at first she wanted sister to sleep with her. Once I told her that she was practicing for when brother moved in and that she needed time to practice being a good BIG sister, she took her job very seriously. Once I have Hannah all tucked in Abigail has some time on the computer to play learning games and then takes a short nap on the couch.

So now that we have the girls new routine all worked out, we decided that today was the day to add Brother to the mix. After I (well Hannah helped) spent some time cleaning out the toy box and organizing, Trey put up Samuel's transition bed. I have not decorated yet except for moving the red gingham from the nursery in there, but the rest will have to wait. So far so good on the nap time; Hannah and Samuel are both asleep in there as I type. We will see how bedtime goes tonight, I set aside several months to conquer the bedtime battle expecting it to be an epic event. Final victory will be won hopefully before baby sister joins in the fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment