Friday, January 29, 2010

January Book of the Month

I finished, The Secret Garden, my book for January. And it was not just any copy of the book it was my Mama's and it was given to her as a Christmas present when she was 11 years old from her Grandmother. There is even an inscription on the cover page that reads,
" Merry Christmas to
Martha-

From-
gran- mother"

I never met my Great Grandmother so this is pretty cool and pretty old! Love ya Mama, your not old just the book :)

I enjoyed the read, not at the very beginning, but I pushed through. It was not very enjoyable for me to read about an unpleasant little girl that lived in India. I am glad that I stuck with it. Now I have read another great classic and I have pre-read so that I can read it to the kids someday.

My book for February is, The Five Love Languages of Children by Gary Chapman and Ross Campbell. I am excited to get started and it probably will not take the whole month, so I am open to suggestions on a good fiction to enjoy next.

No comments:

Post a Comment