Thursday, April 22, 2010

38 weeks AND COUNTING

Wednesday afternoon was my check-up. Rebekah sounded great. I measured good and Doc said my blood pressure was fantastic like always. He did examine me and said I am about a finger tip dilated, he felt her little head. He then said I am "maybe" 20% effaced. So, I still have a LONG way to go. I also found out I will have to stay in the hospital for 48 hours after delivery because I am strep B positive and they like to monitor baby. This means I will probably be spending the second night alone at the hospital, which makes me a little scared and sad. Trey will most likely have to be at home with our other sweet babies.

After the Doc we took the kiddos to eat and play at McDonalds before AWANA. Then after we dropped them off my sweet man took me to Chilis. My tummy is sticking so far straight out that people are really starting to stare. I fit in to the booth, but it was a tight squeeze. After dinner Trey helped me up and as I waddled past one table, on the way out and "funny guy" about our age heckled, "Ya gotta a big one there." It was funny, I laughed but really! Then as I was attempting to walk to the car I looking behind me and, no exaggeration, every window table was staring at me, the "BIG ONE". It is as if I should no longer be let out of the house I am causing such a stir, frightening folks I guess. Really I am LARGE; for the first time I can balance a cup on my belly. Trey was taken aback the other night when he walked into our room and I was doing tummy tricks, it was pretty entertaining :)

1 comment:

  1. Ha ha. Don't you just love all of those comments at the end!? Soon you'll be back to your normal slender self and the only thing people will be thinking when they see you is, "I can't believe that beautiful girl has 4 children. She looks great!"

    ReplyDelete