Saturday, September 5, 2009

Prayer time

Tonight we went through our normal Saturday night routine. Dinner, baths for Church, and then bedtime. We spent some time brushing hair for church in the morning. I brushed Abigail's and then she brushed mine, while I brushed Hannah's and then we let Hannah brush her own for a few minutes. We talked about how pretty we all looked and then moved into our nightly prayer time. Our nightly devotional time is so precious. We all choose who want to pray for and the girls often interject requests as Trey prays. So sweet to hear what is on their little hearts. Tonight's was too funny not to share. As a book that I am reading calls it "true unadultarated humor", straight from the mouth of a adorable little girl.

As Trey is praying ...
Hannah adds, "and thank you for my hair"
Abigail then says," and pray that you (Daddy) will grow hair so that I can brush it someday!"

Controlling my laughter was very difficult!For those of you that don't know Trey, he is slightly balding. He shaved his head most of his college years but has just been keeping it short the past couple years. He just shaved it again this morning because I think he looks like a hunk bald! Thank you LORD for laughter and for the sweet children that bring us so many laughs!!!

1 comment:

  1. That is absolutely hysterical.

    I tend to think Jeff gets a bit "hunkier" with each hair that falls out. Of course he's had his shaved since the military and I lerrrrrrrv my man with a "high and tight" cut! :)

    See you at church!

    ReplyDelete